Friday, June 6, 2008

Hope...

Last night at our discipleship group we watched Louis Giglio’s “Hope” DVD. If you have not yet seen Louis in action, he is an awesome preacher, really easy to understand really true in his doctrine. Hope is really one of his best sermons, I have only watched the first DVD so I am keen to see the second one. But his basic premise is out of John 16:33 that you will have trouble – but Jesus says take heart I have overcome the world...he has a really moving illustration from a family who lose their daughter...watch it if you get  a chance it really is good.

 

He is coming to South Africa in August to do a Passion tour for 18-25 year olds (and their pastors J ) so I am looking forward to hearing him live!

5 comments:

JustAGuy said...

Have you seen/heard anything of the Florida thing at the moment? Do you have an opinion on it?

Brent said...

LForida thing...nope whats up there?

JustAGuy said...

Todd Bentley and the 'Florida Outpouring'... check out google or youtube etc... It's all over God TV in the UK and the US. They are claiming a big revival... just wondered if you had a take on it.

Brent said...

Hey Ludwig...doing some looking on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgLVFx_yh8

WOW..that is really scary in a really bad kind of way! I am sorry I cannot belive that is of God at all...God is a God not of disorder but of peace. Something about Tod Bently does not ring true AT ALL when I think of peace...

JustAGuy said...

Yeah, I think I agree. Check out my post on revival here: http://musicalexpat.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think :-)